There’s no such thing as 100% “green” and “sustainable” web hosting, but Pipe Ten is committed to minimising the impact it and its customers activities have on the environment.
- Recognise the environmental impacts arising from our business activities and are committed to reducing these through effective environmental management.
- Respect all existing, applicable environmental regulations and meeting all new regulations as soon as is reasonably practicable.
- Plant 100 physical trees every year and are committed to doing so moving forward. We do not pay others to plant trees for us.
- Contract 100% renewable energy for our offices.
- Recycle 100% of electronic, paper and other recyclable waste.
- Be 98% paper free (business cards and promotional materials only),
- Use performance/power optimised server hardware, appropriately specified for the task.
- Actively scale and shift workloads based on demand and power down unused hardware.
- Encourage all employees to use sustainable methods of transport when commuting or attending meetings.
- Use cold-aisle-containment and other techniques to maintain a low PUE with our Data Center partners.
- Ensure our partner data centers for National Grid sourced electricity, contract the following percentage of renewable generation sources:
- Manchester DC0 (Melbourne) = MIX%
- Sheffield DC1 (ASK4) = 100%
- Derby DC2 (Node4) = 100%
We aim to:
- Promote our environmental policy to suppliers, contractors, customers and any other interested party using our website or any other applicable communication media.
- Provide our employees with education and knowledge via training and awareness programmes aimed at identifying and understanding of the environmental impact of their activities.
- Manage and, where possible, reduce energy use relating to our business premises and use of.
- Consider and increase re-use of materials before recycle.
- Where appropriate, take environmental factors into account when sourcing external products and services.
- Work toward the ISO 14001:2015 standard for environmental management systems which includes setting and working toward measurable benefits.
- Continually look for ways to further improve our environmental performance.