STRICTLY NO AGENCIES STRICTLY NO JOB-SITES STRICTLY NO RECRUITMENT SERVICES
The Company and Roles
Now based in the Sheffield’s heritage Kelham Island Quarter, Pipe Ten has been providing web hosting solutions since 2002 with thousands of customers based around the UK and further afield. Building, deploying, managing, securing and supporting Linux, Windows, XenServer and other associated web focused technology is what we do best.
The roles are ideally suited to self motivated individuals looking to build further on existing experience with bleeding edge web technologies; their availability, performance, security and support of.
Working alongside a small but experienced, growing and passionate team; you will in the short term be exposed to all elements of operations with the opportunity to specialise.
The right individual will be master of their own destiny; able to set own hours, working location, define direction or projects being worked on and ultimately share in the success of the company.
Role titles could include but are not limited to:
- Systems Operator
There is a long term opportunity to develop the career into Systems Engineer role.
Minimum Starting Requirements
- You must have exceptional communication skills both typed and verbal in English.
- You must demonstrate a driven, committed, flexible and proactive approach to work.
- You must live within 60 minutes commute of the Pipe Ten offices (S3 8EN) for the first 6 months (later remote working opportunity is possible for the right candidate).
Other Desirable Skills or Knowledge
- A team player able to work autonomously and with minimal supervision in a small team.
- You should have a valid UK driving license and appropriate vehicle.
- Ability to work well under pressure, take professional pride and seek to exceed customer expectation.
- Demonstrate basic understanding of:
- Web IT Infrastructure (DNS, Email, FTP, Web, DB, http(s))
- TCP/IP Networking
- Scripting/Web Development or Programming
- Previous experience in similar customer support or server maintenance focused roles.
- £ 20,000 to £ 30,000 per annum pro-rata.
- Flexible Working, Part Time or Full Time.
- 28 days leave including bank holidays pro rata.
- Westfield Health Plan.
- Free Friday Breakfast.
- Beer Fridge.
- Profit linked bonus scheme.
- Company mobile phone, mobile internet connectivity and laptop.
How to Apply
To apply for this position please email a copy of your CV through to email@example.com in either Word or PDF format.
Applications will only be accepted from candidates who are authorised to work for any UK employer.
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES STRICTLY NO JOB-SITES STRICTLY NO RECRUITMENT SERVICESLast modified 8th January 2018 by Carl Heaton