STRICTLY NO AGENCIES STRICTLY NO JOB-SITES STRICTLY NO RECRUITMENT SERVICES
Based in the Sheffield’s heritage Kelham Island Quarter, Pipe Ten has been providing award winning web hosting solutions and Internet infrastructure for thousands of clients in South Yorkshire and internationally since 2002.
The roles are ideally suited to self motivated individuals looking to build further on existing experience with bleeding edge web technologies; their availability, performance, security and support of.
Working alongside a small but experienced, growing and passionate team; you will in the short term be exposed to both busy daytime support focused shifts and quieter evening or weekend maintenance and research/personal development shifts.
Through experience and growth of both candidates and business over time, we expect your long term responsibilities and focus to fall into one of the following:
- Systems Engineer / Infrastructure (Physical and Network)
- Systems Engineer / Enterprise (Logical and Software)
- Systems Engineer / DevOps (Automation and Operations)
- Systems Engineer / Compliance (Security and Documentation)
Minimum Starting Requirements
- You must have either recent (last 6 months), or previous significant (years) commercial/production/live experience of Linux environments (or similar).
- You must be able to demonstrate development/programming experience in the areas of software or systems automation (DEVops).
- You must have exceptional communication skills both typed and verbal in English.
- You must demonstrate a driven, committed, flexible and proactive approach to work.
- You must live within 60 minutes commute of the Pipe Ten offices (S3 8EN) for the first 6 months (later remote working opportunity is possible for the right candidate).
Other Desirable Skills or Knowledge
- You should have a valid UK driving license and appropriate vehicle.
- A team player able to work autonomously and with minimal supervision in a small team.
- Ability to work well under pressure, take professional pride and seek to exceed customer expectation.
- Demonstrate working understanding of:
- Web IT Infrastructure (DNS, Email, FTP, Web, DB, http(s))
- TCP/IP Networking
- Scripting/Web Development or Programming
- We value experience over qualification but CCNA, MCP, RHCE, CEH or similar would be beneficial.
- Previous experience in similar customer support or server maintenance focused roles.
- Flexible Working, Part Time or Full Time.
- 28 days leave including bank holidays pro rata.
- Company mobile phone, mobile internet connectivity and laptop.
- Generous discretionary incentive scheme based on years contributed and company profit (as much as 15% of base annually).
How to Apply
To apply for this position please email a copy of your CV through to firstname.lastname@example.org in either Word or PDF format.
Applications will only be accepted from candidates who are authorised to work for any UK employer.
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES STRICTLY NO JOB-SITES STRICTLY NO RECRUITMENT SERVICESLast modified 31st August 2017 by Carl Heaton