STRICTLY NO AGENCIES STRICTLY NO JOB-SITES STRICTLY NO RECRUITMENT SERVICES
The Company and Role
Now based in the Sheffield’s heritage Kelham Island Quarter, Pipe Ten has been providing web hosting solutions since 2002 with thousands of customers based around the UK and further afield. Building, deploying, managing, securing and supporting Linux, Windows, XenServer and other associated web focused technology is what we do best.
The role is ideally suited to self motivated individuals looking to build further on existing experience with bleeding edge web technologies; their availability, performance, security and management of.
Working alongside a small but experienced, growing and passionate team; your focus will include but not be limited to:
- monitoring, risk assessing, escalating and remediation of security related events
- deploying and managing security related services for predominantly data centre based devices
- further developing existing and new security related services for both Pipe Ten and its harmonised hosting customers
- working directly with Pipe Ten’s harmonised customers on security related consultancy and management
- monitoring, maintaining and improving QoS in relation security and engineers
- assisting management with policy and audit related activities
The right individual will be master of their own destiny; able to set own hours, working location, define direction or projects being worked on and ultimately share in the success of the company.
Candidates without specific security interest/experience, might also consider our Systems Engineer role.
Minimum Starting Requirements
- You must have either significant recent (last 6 months), or previous (multiple years) commercial/production/live experience of Linux terminal environments.
- You must have exceptional communication skills both typed and verbal in English.
- You must demonstrate a driven, committed, flexible and proactive approach to work.
- You must live within 60 minutes commute of the Pipe Ten offices (S3 8EN) for the first 6 months (later remote working opportunity is possible for the right candidate).
- You must be able to demonstrate a passion for technology and learning appropriate to working in fast moving / constantly developing / bleeding edge security environment.
- You must be able to demonstrate an understanding of the concepts and use surrounding firewalling, load balancing, IDS or IPS at network and host level, WaF, web applications / web services and extensive Linux experience.
Other Desirable Skills or Knowledge
- You should be able to demonstrate scripting (development/programming) experience in the areas of security automation.
- A team player able to work autonomously and with minimal supervision in a small team.
- You should have a valid UK driving license and appropriate vehicle.
- Ability to work well under pressure, take professional pride and seek to exceed customer expectation.
- Demonstrate working understanding of:
- Web IT Infrastructure (DNS, Email, FTP, Web, DB, http(s))
- TCP/IP Networking
- Scripting/Web Development or Programming
- We value experience over qualification but CCNA, MCP, RHCE, CEH or similar would be beneficial.
- Previous experience in similar customer support or server maintenance focused roles.
- £ 30,000 to £ 40,000 per annum pro-rata.
- Flexible Working, Part Time or Full Time.
- 28 days leave including bank holidays pro rata.
- Westfield Health Plan.
- Free Friday Breakfast.
- Beer Fridge.
- Profit linked bonus scheme.
- Company mobile phone, mobile internet connectivity and laptop.
How to Apply
To apply for this position please email a copy of your CV through to firstname.lastname@example.org in either Word or PDF format.
Applications will only be accepted from candidates who are authorised to work for any UK employer.
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES STRICTLY NO JOB-SITES STRICTLY NO RECRUITMENT SERVICESLast modified 7th May 2018 by Gavin Kimpton